Update on Hooded Cape

I have slowly been working on this hooded shawl/cape that I found HERE on ravelry.com designed by Linda Kaye Smith.

I decided to crochet it for this fall. I might get it finished in time, if not it will be good for next year.

So here is the lowdown on what I am using and how its turning out so far:

  1. I am using a size K bamboo handle crochet hook (link)
  2. I am using Wool-Ease Chunky in Walnut (link)
  3. I am using the pattern from Linda Kaye Smith, and this is the first time I have ever used a pattern so its been an experience figure things out.

I would get about 7 rows done and start all over because my count was not coming out right for stitches.
Now I have that mastered and I am doing really good. I am on my 22 row or my first half and I have used almost 2 skeins/balls. There are a total of 37 rows (if I remember correctly).

Please don’t ask about guage because I have no clue about this.

Here are some pics of what I have done so far and I used different lighting exposure so you can possibly see true colors. The darker brown picture is more realistic for color.

I am not sure what is up with the last several rows. It shows I have a bump on the side (near bottom of pic), but my stitch count is correct. I guess it will go away when I attach the other half to this half.

If you find this interesting and want to see how I progress with it, then mark “interesting” button at the bottom of this post or leave a comment.

Thanks and Blessings,
Photobucket

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Crochet/Knit/sewing. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s